Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Week 34: Still pregnant, Still hospitalized

34 weeks. This was a goal I never really thought I would make. This week was a mostly quiet week compared to last week. I had a few visitors and such. I was a little more sad because I did not get near as much time with Jerimiah as I usually do, because Natalie was gone to HSP (Highland Service Project.) This is the first year I didn't go to family night at HSP to celebrate with her, so that felt bad too.

Tuesday was really my quietest day. Dr. P came by and checked me out. Issy had allergy shots and had a really severe reaction that required his inhaler. I found out about it hours after it happened, when I called Jerimiah at like 8 to see how Issy like VBS. Needless to say he did not make it out to VBS. His breathing was better, but the reaction site had swollen from his shoulder to his elbow and several inches across. I hate not being there when one of my boys does not feel well.

Wednesday I saw Dr. Ba, he was concerned my platelets had went from the 220's to the 160's in just a couple of days. Under 150 is considered bad, so he wanted to keep an eye on it. Other than that he said everything looked pretty good. Sue brought the boys up to see me and then took them to HSP family night. It was good to see them. I even got to see chief TH for the first time since I was admitted. I don't think he likes hospitals very much. Jerimiah came by after work (TH dropped him off) and we spent some time together before he had to head home. As usual the time passed by too quickly. It is funny how much I wanted my space and to be left alone at home, and now I just crave time with Jerimiah and my boys. This experience has given me a new appreciation for my family.

Thursday I cannot remember which doctor I saw. I did have my weekly BPP. As usual all girls passed with flying colors. It took less than 20 minutes for all 3 from start to finish (the first time took over and hour!) A still has "generous fluid levels", but B and C have dropped down to the normal range. Jerimiah stayed home with Allen, because he said he was running a low grade fever and not feeling well again. My blood sugar started to run low lately. It has been running in the 70's with me eating whatever I feel like (including 2 cans of regular ginger ale or soda per meal.) Issy made it back to VBS tonight, and he was super thrilled and excited to be there. Pastor Eldrick came by to see me and he prayed with me again. One of my favorite nurse tech's Lourdes took me down to the nice Cafe here and I got a sandwich that was super tasty. I just cannot take anymore plain turkey or peanut butter crackers anymore.

Friday I saw Dr. H, no big changes. My platelets had went up to the 180's so that was good. Sue brought the boys to see me again, and we were rolling around the hospital when Sue said hey there is Tommy and Jerimiah. I was like what? No way, are they here on a call? Jerimiah was trying to sneak in to see me, but we caught him! He and the boys stayed a few hours. Allen was sleepy so he crawled in bed with me to watch Wreck It Ralph on my laptop and snuggle. During this time he leaned way back more than a dozen times and gave me big wet kisses. I posted the picture of one of them on Facebook, but my blogger app on my phone kind of sucks and won't let me post correctly here. Jerimiah left in time to get Issy to VBS and then he took Allen on an adventure. They went to Tractor Supply and Jerimiah let Allen hold a small rubber mallet style hammer, which of course Allen did not want to give up. My Hammer. Lowes did not have the stuff he needed to finish off the must have before baby is home things (HATE Lowes of Wilson for their lack of keeping things in stock.) Sarah and Andy came by for dinner and brought very tasty pizza. It was so nice to hang out with them. Really took my mind off being here. They are such awesome friends! I really hate we do not live closer where we can see them more. It is funny because the hospital I am in is somewhere around 10-12 blocks away from them on the same road, so super close.

Saturday Dr. R came to see me and she did a pap smear for the group b strep test. I was super bad at recording that this week! Hayley came by for a visit and to bring me the 3 pretty baby hats she crocheted. She stayed for a while working on knitting a shawl. She also went and got me a tasty sandwich. We spent a good time talking and just hanging out. Not much else happened other than me literally sleeping every minute of the day (other than Hayley's visit.) I was just so exhausted.

Sunday I saw Dr. Ba again. He was shocked at how large my belly had gotten in just a few days. He said at this point if anything starts to go wrong they would want to deliver me right away. I slept most of the day until Jerimiah came up around 4pm. He brought me clean clothes so I could take a shower. I usually take one in the mornings, but was out of PJ's to wear. He also bought me new shorts in the style I liked and a new night shirt set. We went downstairs to the cafe and had dinner. I was really impressed with the hot black angus roast beef sandwich I chose. I could only eat half, it was a monster! We went back upstairs after eating and watched some Criminal Minds. We are still on season 7, so we have more catching up to do on it. during our second episode I started having really painful contractions about 10 minutes apart. Dr. W was in a delivery so they gave me my procardia to try and get them stopped. 2 hours later they were coming faster and harder. I was having headaches that got worse and each contraction would make me see spots. My blood pressure was elevated, especially considering the amount of procardia they had given me (148/86 was the last one they took.) The procardia usually drops me down to 20-30 points on each number, which is why they cannot give it to me without taking my blood pressure first. The contractions continued and Jerimiah stayed with me until the doctor came in around midnight. She checked my cervix and it was no change, but she saw the contractions and how much pain I was in and decided to give me Percocet to help me get through the night. It was sooooo nice to not have extreme pain in my hips, I felt like I could go run a marathon. I cried for a long time after Jerimiah left. I knew he would want to stay if he saw me crying, so I held off and was strong until he was gone.

Monday around 4:30-5am the pain was back. The contractions had also sped up to 5 minutes apart. Dr. W said it was no point to check my cervix again this soon, but she saw they were painful and more frequent so she extended the Percocet order to 1 every 4-6 hours PRN for pain. She was very nice and understanding, but I am so tired of being in pain. Even with the Percocet my contractions are strong enough to keep me awake. I got literally no sleep all night, and the Percocet makes me feel so high, I doubt I will be able to sleep much today (until I crash and burn.) I had one of my favorite nurses Melissa today. I can totally talk to her for hours. She is so much like me! My dear friend Devon, who I haven't seen in MONTHS came out to see me while they were in Raleigh for the day. It was so nice to spend time with her! We went down to the cafe and ate a quick dinner, which hit the spot for me! Issy had a dentist appointment and he has a new cavity. You really have to stay on him about brushing and flossing. He really hates flossing especially. Allen threw up in Target with Natalie yesterday, and some lady was rude to her about it. I also had to sit down and try and juggle parts of the family coming out to see the babies. Some parts just do not get along, but also Issy is not comfortable around certain people and so I try and work around that. Issy is old enough I respect his feelings and him feeling safe is my main priority in any situation. It is so hard, because while I want a relationship with that part of my family, I have to juggle and stress about hurting people's feelings to try and schedule stuff. It is so stressful. :(

Well it is 7 days until the big day. I am going to try and keep this upcoming week's post very up to date so I can post it Monday night. 7/22 will deserve it's own special post.

No comments:

Post a Comment