Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Week 10: Momcation

Tuesday Natalie had to go into the church office, but she first helped us to get all packed up for the girl's 2 month check up. We switched out to the double stroller and it was so much easier right now to get out and about with! The girls are growing like weeds! Sophia is 11 pounds and 7 ounces and 22.25 inches, Meredith is 10 pounds and 8.5 ounces and 21.75 inches, and my tiny Penelope is 9 pounds and 15 ounces and 21.75 inches. The doctor said all of the murmurs were inaudible today, but that doesn't mean completely gone. Meredith has a slight flat spot on the right side of her head because that's the only size she likes to turn to. We have to actively try and reposition and increase her tummy time and it should clear up on its on. They all got shots today and we filled out paperwork for synagis the rsv vaccine. They also need to stay on Enfacare formula until at least January, which is stupid expensive. :( Penny and Sophia both the up every bottle after shots and none of the girls were in a very good mood at all.

Wednesday I spent catching up laundry and packing for my beach trip on Friday. It was a pretty good day. I had so much to do to prepare for my weekend away I couldn't make it out to MOPS. It was pouring rain all day long. We had breakfast for dinner.

Thursday Natalie went back to the church office to work and Sue came over to help out. Great grandma came to visit as well! All the babies were still so fussy. I did start taking pictures of my triplets matching clothes to post online to sell. When Natalie got home her and Sue gave the girls baths so I could spend quality time with Allen. It was so great for both of us and I had him squealing very loudly. Then Allen wanted to hold "his baby"and would not give Sophia back at all. He snaked my hand if u tried to even touch her! I was up until midnight finishing everything up for my trip.

Friday 5 am came way too early. I got up and showered then piled me and my stuff in the truck to ride with my hubby. I pumped in the truck on the ride to his work. I hung out with all the ladies in the shop while waiting. I even got to see my buddy Waldo! Amanda got there about 9am to get me. We went back to get place so she could finish packing we finally got on the road 10:30/11ish. It was nice fyi share the ride and have adult conversation on the ride, even though it seemed like forever. We got down there between 3 and 4 once we stopped at the store. We spent hours, like many many hours talking! Between the 7of is we had 32 kids! We ended up walking down to Taco Boy for dinner. It was delicious. I tried guacamole for the first time ever and completely loved it! I walked back to pump and just passed out afterwards. Everyone else was just getting in as I got back up for my 2am pump. It was so nice to just get up and pump and not have to worry about bottles and formula. I could also sleep deeply and not lay there just waiting for screaming crying babies. I slept better than I have since before my pregnancy.

I finally rolled out of bed for the day after 10am. It felt great. I already feel so much better. I couldn't ride a bike so the girls bright me back a chicken biscuit from Black Magic Cafe. It was so amazing. We hung out and napped some more. We then hit the Japanese crepe truck on our way to the nail salon. I had one with strawberries, whipped cream, chocolate, and a cherry. We got done and had Starbucks before heading back for Cards Against Humanity. It was my first time playing, but I had a blast! Then we headed to Rita's for dinner. After dinner we hit the bars and clubs right there on the island. Can't talk about all that went on, but I had a blast. I danced until my breasts started hurting from stimulation and my hips couldn't take anymore (2am!) Everyone else rolled in about 3:30ish.

Sunday 2 moms had to leave and I was up to talk and say good bye to them. Then I went back to bed for a while. We went to Rita's again for lunch and I had a "Southbound" burger that was amazing. I hit the little island shops for little trinkets for Allen and Issy. I got Issy a new rash guard and Allen a snow globe with turtles in it. For dinner we went out to Fleet Landing in Charleston. It was amazing. We had lump crab brushetta and I had a fried shrimp plate that was to die for. We got back and I packed up as much as I could since we had to leave by 9:30am. 

Monday morning came too quickly and it was a mad panic rush to get out the door in time. We did manage to make it out and ran by the Sweetwater Cafe for breakfast on our way out. It was so good. I had a heavy biscuit and hash browns with an iced vanilla coffee. The ride home took FOREVER. We stopped to drop Shannon off and I saw her cute babies. She gave me some coconut oil with Digize to try on Penny's colic. She also gave me a diffuser and some oil samples to see if it would help. I made it back to the hubby's work about 4pm. We left about 5pm and grabbed food from KFC on the way home. We got home and Allen and Issy made me cards saying they missed me and the loved me. It was so sweet. My favorite parts of the trip was all the amazing food and conversation we had. Penny and Jerimiah both started showing signs of the plague making its way through Jerimiah's work. Poor Penny ran a fever and had tummy issues adult both ends all night. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment