Sunday, September 21, 2014

Week 5 After Triplets

Tuesday was a rough rough day. Natalie had a meeting at the church and I did my first stretch of being alone with all the kids. Allen refused to nap and the girls took turns crying. I didn't get to eat or rest at all during the day. I had to take Issy to meet his teachers. I liked all of them and he got the ones he wanted. The staff at the school ooooo'd and aaaaaah'd over the pictures of the girls! Sophia finally lost her umbilical cord, and I mean really lost. Hopefully Allen didn't find it and do anything disgusting with it. Tuesday night was killer. The girls all cried most of the night.

Wednesday we were all super exhausted. It was a struggle to make it through the day. Wednesday night was a lot better.

Thursday was a pretty long day trying to come up with child care at the last minute for my older boys and prepare to take the girls to Wilmington for a TV appearance. The person I had lined up for weeks just decided she was not going to keep them because she didn't agree with our decision to allow them on TV. MJ laughed out loud in her sleep. We gave all the girls their first full baths. The girls all cried a lot overnight again.

Friday morning I was up at 5 to pump (as usual) and then had Miss Sophia who was not in a good mood. I rocked her until everyone else got up. I caught Penelope giving me the biggest grin on camera. MOPS friend Joyce kept the older boys until Jerimiah got off work so that Natalie and I could still make our TV appearance. It was a super long day. We went to Port City Java and grabbed milky way coffees. We got on set and had missed the meal, but they made us very very tasty turkey and cheese sandwiches. They were running really late so we had to wait forever. By the time they called for us Penelope was the only one fed and changed so I took her over to the set. It was 2 hours of waiting around (split up between filming for 10 minutes.) 2 hours of boring waiting for the coolest 10 minutes of action. I met sooooo many people but the set manager was named Shaun and every time I had to walk somewhere with the baby he would talk into his microphone "baby moving", "baby on stairs", "baby in van", "baby on set, quiet on the set" type things. Penny pee'd all over her "costume" so the decided to wait until the last minute to put her in another set. I also met one of my favorite actors John Noble. I laid Penny down and she started fussing so John Noble picked her up and rocked her. His wife's name is Penny and he kept calling her his little Penny. He bent down and kissed her on the forehead (totally just because-not on film!) I also met one of the writers/producers that is one of my favorites, Albert Kim. The set was a beautiful old house backed up to one of the inlets. Penelope did so good. She was quiet and peaceful (which is not like her at all) even when she had hiccups. She did so good that she was the only baby they needed at all. It was 9:30 when we finished filming and about 10:30 by the time I finished pumping and got all the girls paperwork done. It was 1 AM when we finally got home. I did all the driving so Natalie could sleep for work the next morning.

Saturday was also a busy day for the Harrell crew. First off we were running late for everything and our house and ourselves were a disaster. Morgan came by and did another round of amazing photographs. She made a bunk bed from wood and twine. It was so beautiful. She also got some really good shots of the boys and girls together. After Morgan left the Wilson Times came out to get our picture and story in relation to MOPS and the support and ministry they have provided for us. I enjoyed talking to Janet so much!

Sunday morning we got up and got ready for my husband's family's church's annual homecoming. I was not sure on taking them, but they did pretty good. Of course I could not catch much of what was going on our said because I was so tired and trying to focus on the baby. I had Sophia, Jerimiah had Penelope, and Natalie had Meredith.

Monday Natalie had to work and my mother in law Sue came over to help again. I was able to here a small nap and get out to the grocery store, so it was a pretty productive day. We also had to prepare for going back to Wilmington for more filming.

No comments:

Post a Comment